Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mothers day 2014

It’s just another day around here.  A day of laundry to be done, a family to be fed, and children to be cared for.  No gifts planned for mom, no elaborate plans to celebrate.  Daddy has one more final for school tomorrow so he is off studying and I’m home with the kids getting ready for the week ahead.  In the days leading up to mother’s day there were ideas given for possible gifts, but not heavily pushed because I’m all too aware of our budget! 

I was awoken this morning out of a deep sleep by my hubby saying “happy mother’s day” and then a gentle reminder we needed to get ready for church so we could actually make the early service.  “I’ll get the kids ready!” he tells me. Awesome. Except it was already 8:20 and I needed to rush and get ready for church at 9:30.  A little grumpy because I hate being rushed (even though I’m constantly rushing every where I go!) and knowing I won’t have time to actually blow dry and style my hair, I get ready for the day.  As we pull up to church at 9:33 I quickly realize early service actually starts at 9:00!  We haven’t missed the sermon, just the worship. Nice. But what would normally be cause for frustration and the blaming of who made us late, we are just happy to be there!

After church we spend about 45 minutes driving around town trying to decide on various places to eat.  It’s when we drive around that we love to dream about life and make decisions about future plans.  The sun starts to pop through the clouds after a couple gloomy days and we laugh and talk during our leisurely Sunday drive. 

Now we’re home and Daddy has gone to study and I’m left with my thoughts about what to get done for the day.  I realized that I have not once felt forgotten, or overlooked on this mother’s day.  I do not feel like I’m owed anything, or that more of a fuss should have been made.  Instead I feel so richly blessed that I am made to feel special EVERY DAY.  Knowing that my kids love me so much they want to be near me every second of the day. (Some days that’s not so enjoyable lol)  I hear the words “mommy I love you” from Caden, and recently “Mommy” from Mikalyn.  The fact that I get her biggest smiles when I enter a room, and the sloppiest open mouth baby kisses make me feel overwhelmingly special.  My husband shows appreciation for what I do on a daily basis, and knows just when I need a break! 

I have a mother who has shown me what it means to be an awesome mom even though she worked full time.  She has taught me to also be very independent and a hard worker.  Becoming a mother has deepened my appreciation for her and what she did to raise me! I married into a family with a beautiful, giving woman as their mother and I could not be more lucky to have such a perfect mother in law.

I am also surrounded by many women that are such wonderful examples of what it means to be a loving mother. They encourage, inspire, understand and do not judge. Fellowship with like minded mamas is vital in this season of our lives!  

God knew my calling way before I did.  He blesses me, encourages me, comforts me and gives me patience when I need it most.  I could not be more thankful that I feel so loved and appreciated on a daily basis by everyone in my life.  My kids, my friends, my family, my Lord and Savior.  My only prayer is that I am just as encouraging, and supportive to them too.  Thankful for these days that teach, shape, mold and bless me beyond measure.  With hard work comes reward.  This is a very important task to be a mom, and the daily reward is enough.  So while I am not showered with gifts today, I’ve been given the attitude of gratitude!  Thank you Lord for this mindset, and not one of needing things, and actions to feel appreciated. For not placing my thoughts on what I’m getting today, but what I already have.  You are more than enough Lord.  I love You!

mothers day 2014

Jessi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search