Monday, February 11, 2013

Prayers Needed for Micailyn

Hey y'all.  So today's appointment didn't go as well as the previous ones.

The ultrasound revealed Micailyn has fluid built up in her abdomen, a high MCA scan showing she is anemic, and the doctor said her heart is a little big probably trying to compensate for the anemia.  He is unsure of why the fluid is built up because the blood in her body is all donor blood from the last transfusion which was matched to my blood.  Meaning my antibodies have nothing to attack.  He does have a thought that perhaps I have formed a new antibody they aren't yet aware of.   So we are waiting for the blood work to come back to see if that's the case. 

Regardless, we are still proceeding with the transfusion tomorrow because she definitely needs it.  They will have staff on hand in case she cannot tolerate the transfusion and needs to be delivered by emergency c-section. 

We are pretty surprised to be honest.  Her movements are still normal when I go about my day.  She was also moving all over the place during the ultrasound.  I didn't expect her to be so sick. I don't know how to feel right now.  It's a little reminiscent of Christian.  We went in for a normal appointment to find out he needed a transfusion and was sick.  However this time we already had plans for a transfusion, and thankfully the fluid is not making her hydropic like Christians was.  There's no fluid around the heart or under her skin.  And she's moving around where I could tell with Christian his movements were greatly decreased.  So those are all hopeful signs she will be ok.  Still worrisome of course, but hopeful. 

I don't think we will know for a few days after the transfusion if it helps her clear up the fluid.  We might possibly need another transfusion next week.  So to be on the safe side my baby shower that was supposed to be in Dallas this weekend will have to be postponed. 

Please continue to pray for her!  She's a tough little girl, so if she is to be born early pray her strength continues through a stay in the NICU.  I really have no feeling one way or another as far as what I think will happen.  I'm just trusting in God's plan for her and for us.  It's all completely out of our hands just like it has been this whole time.  That's one aspect I've grown in with my faith is just trusting.  I constantly hear this verse in my head when I think I should be worried and for some reason I'm not stressing:

" Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not to your own understanding. "

-Proverbs 3:5

 
So I do, I continue to trust in the Lord.  It's quite amazing how simple it is.  Perhaps this will help me continue to just trust in Him with all other aspects of our lives when this is all over.  Just the simple everyday stresses we encounter in life.  The ones that we try to rely on our own understanding, because why would I need to trust in God for the little stuff? The day to day grind, our responsibilities in our jobs, to our family, friends, all of it.  Those are easy things right? Things we are solely responsible for.  God has better things to take care of than my silly daily duties.  But if I can seek Him and trust in Him with something BIG then it should be a million times easier in the little ones.  Not to mention a lot less stress right?!  
 
The transfusion is tomorrow morning.  We will be at the hospital at 5:30 am, procedure starting at 7:30.  Will provide another update when possible.  Love yall and thanks for caring so much about our family! 

2 comments:

Search