Sunday, March 10, 2013

10 days left!

Last week we had our 7th and LAST transfusion and now we're counting down the days until we get to meet our beautiful little blessing.  It's completely unbelievable.  God has brought us so far!  I've finally been in baby prep mode :)  It's still hard to picture her coming into this world and holding her, kissing her sweet face.  I get emotional just thinking about it now.  But washing her clothes, cloth diapers, packing a diaper bag, it's much more of a reality. 

We're scheduled to have a c-section on the 20th, 10 days away yall! 10 DAYS!!  Starting today I have to take some medicine called phenobarbital 3 times a day until she's born.  This will help develop her liver so that it will be strong enough to process the bilirubin so hopefully she won't be jaundiced and need the lights when she's born!  It's supposed to make me pretty sleepy (as if I'm not tired enough!) So Thankfully I got most of what I wanted to get done before today. 

I'm constantly praying that God continues to keep her healthy.  I fully understand and try to prepare myself that anything could happen between now and the 20th.  Women with completely normal pregnancies lose babies suddenly with no understanding of what happened.  It's difficult to not guard our hearts until she is in our arms.  And even until we are all headed back home to Georgia!  But we still have faith and trust in God.  And praise him for all that he's done for us so far!! I mean seriously.  None of this would be possible without God's hand.   

Before this last transfusion Mikalyn was measuring 7 lbs!  She definitely feels BIG.  But my belly isn't outrageously large or anything.  It certainly FEELS like it, but doesn't look it.  She's for sure running out of space!  Her face was squished up against my belly at the last ultrasound. haha.  Poor baby. 

Here's a couple pics of this last transfusion.  She was giving Dr. Moise a hard time by constantly moving in the way so it took them a while to get her in a good position.  They switched sides three different times I think!  She's such a wiggle worm. 




Planning to spend the next 10 days relaxing and crafting :) I need to sew up a nursing cover, and I have recently taken up crocheting so I'll be making her some fun stuff!  Have a great Sunday!




2 comments:

  1. We are praying for you and can't wait until you have your precious daughter safely in your arms.

    ReplyDelete

Search