Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Hey yall :) Since we've been back home I've been terrible at updating the blog.  But if you're close friends and family you already know that Mikalyn is making her own blood!!  She's doing so amazing and couldn't be more squishy and cute :) God has brought us through so much.  Provided everything for us to get to this point.  The doctors, the ability to be with the best, near family, and the financial peace that came with it.  I've noticed that throughout this process even though God has provided so much, my relationship with Him is not as strong as it was in the beginning. 

Isn't that sad? It takes trial and heartache for me to seek Him out on a daily basis? And while I praise Him everyday and thank Him for our beautiful miracle all day every day I have somehow stopped really talking to Him.  I stopped reading my bible, stopped trying to learn.  And I feel the difference.  Of course that is probably being a mom to a little bitty baby, a four year old and my mind on a million and one things trying to build new routines and getting ready to start school next week!

Today was the first day I was able to attend a women's bible study and wow how amazing did that feel to be surrounded by other moms who all understood each other, and discuss God's plan for us as mothers.  We talked about building our own relationship with Christ and learning and studying the bible in order to lead by example for our children.  I admitted my struggle with making the time and that usually when I read or attempt a devotional I'm doing it to just check the box.  To say yep I did it.  Then I tend to not make the time to read because I know I'm just checking the box and probably not going to get much out of it. 

This week I've been trying to be more intentional with my daily routine.  To rise early and workout, prepare healthy, real meals for our family, spend actual play time with Caden instead of constantly telling him go play with his toys.  In order for me to accomplish the things I want throughout my day I need to get in the habit.  Wake up early each day.  Go to bed at a decent time.  Get the chores done that need to be done.  In order to build habits you need to do them every day right? I think I remember hearing somewhere it takes 21 days to develop a new habit.  I know when I try to get back in the routine of working out I need to some days just do it.  Even if its not the most spectacular workout. So wouldn't it work the same with carving out time for the Lord?  And is it not far more important?! Will I always have a deep spiritual moment? No.  But Ill be reading, and something will stick even if I don't know what at the time.  So my point is that I wont feel badly if some days I really just checked the box.  Because I'll eventually develop the routine.  And once the routine is built, even if I don't feel like it some days, Ill still need to check that box and make the time or else Ill begin to fall out of habit again. 

I want my habits to include the Lord. So I can glorify Him and show my children how important it is to do the same! What's your daily routine? And what helps you stay on top of it?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search