Thursday, July 18, 2013

Moving forward as a family of 4


Hey friends :) Good morning! I'm sitting here at my desk overlooking our street, the sun's rays are shining through the trees, birds are chirping and looking for breakfast, bees busy flying around the flowers, and the promise of a new day just beginning.  I'm filled with joy knowing God's love for me and my family. 

Mikalyn had another check up with the hematologist last week and her labs came back completely normal :) She's a perfectly healthy little girl and no one would ever know what she went through to come into this world.  The same can be said for Caden! Not many people know, or remember that he had 3 transfusions after he was born and stayed in the NICU for 9 days before he came home with us, and even that was with a bilirubin light blanket.  When you start planning for a family you can never imagine how your plans will change, and how God will never let you down. 

We have been through this crazy season of pregnancy, loss, uncertainty and overwhelming joy.  Now we will be moving forward as a family of 4.  I'm so excited for this next season of life!  I've started school online and it has forced me to really be mindful in how I schedule my time.  While I've never been a morning person, I've always wanted to be able to rise early and ease into my mornings.  I'm pretty sure I've blogged about that on several occasions :)  This week I've been able to get up around 6!  I could attribute it to Mikalyn waking up anywhere from 5:30-7 in the mornings.  But hey it's helping me develop a routine!  And I praise JESUS every morning for how well she sleeps.  Seriously this girl is a scary good sleeper!  She routinely goes to bed around 10, and doesn't wake until the next morning like I said, around 5:30-7.  This morning I was able to get up, cook breakfast for myself (oatmeal with peaches), and Jeremy (eggs with veggies).  Make coffee, start a load of diapers, and prepare and pack Jeremy's lunch before little miss even wiggled around.  Not only does she sleep that long at night, but after I feed her in the morning and change her diaper she drifts back off to sleep for another few hours.  I always thought those people that said their little babies were sleeping through the night were ridiculous and crazy.  haha! Oh thank you Jesus. 

You have no idea how good it feels to be able to blog about normal things instead of medical drama! I'm going down for my second cup of coffee.  Caden is eating breakfast and singing along with Super Why, and Mikalyn is making sweet baby sleeping noises in her bassinet. *sigh* :)  I hope yall have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search