Thursday, December 20, 2012

6 months

I'm 6 months!  It sounds really great to say but when I think of it in terms of weeks (24) it sounds crazy that I'm not further along.  Haha!  We've just gone through so much from the start of this pregnancy it feels like we should be further than 24 weeks.  But we are so happy to even be this far!

This week I received two steroid shots to help develop the baby's lungs in case she is born early.  Every transfusion we do while increasing her chances at growing bigger without being attacked by my antibodies also pose a risk at causing pre-term labor.  I have a meeting today with the neonatologist to tour the NICU and discuss what to expect and chances of survival at each stage.  A little nervous about the discussion, but very thankful we have this opportunity.

Jeremy will not be able to be there because he had to leave yesterday.  His last trip back home to Columbus for his second surgery.  His surgery is Friday, will be in the hospital for the weekend, recover at the house Monday and hopefully feel well enough to travel back home Tuesday (yes I realize that's Christmas :/ ) .  My dad is with him to help out and drive him back.  When they return, I have my next transfusion Thursday.  So not only will Jeremy be recovering from surgery, I will be on bed rest for a couple days from my transfusion.  haha! Oh goodness.  We plan to have our own family Christmas next weekend.  So just a little late.  Not too bad! 

Somehow I WANT to be stressed out.  I mean the idea of, and just saying everything that's happening right now seems crazy town.  But God's definitely blessing us with supernatural peace in it all.  I could go off on a complaint rant wishing this was different, and that was different but I just feel thankful.  Absolutely thankful and blessed. 




Have a beautiful day!  

2 comments:

  1. You are BEAUTIFUL...you look great...and I LOVE HEARING your faith in this!! To walk without being able to see is just a beautiful gift. You are an awesome woman, friend, and such a wonderful example of walking in faith!! Praying for this coming week. Wish we were home to go see Jeremy, we leave after church Sunday. We will try to go see him Saturday or before church Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas my friend! You look amazing. We miss you like crazy and are continuing to pray for you, Jeremy, Caden and your sweet baby girl.

    Have a blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Search