Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Transfusion number 2 done!

Today we had our second transfusion that was another success!  I'm feeling so incredibly blessed that things are going so well.  The hope of bringing little Micailyn home with us becomes more real every week!

I'm 23 weeks this week and my next transfusion will be at 25 weeks.  That's scheduled for two days after Christmas!  The more donor blood she gets the longer we can wait in between transfusions.  So after that transfusion we can wait 3 weeks between each one.  Should everything continue to go smoothly then the last transfusion will be at 35 weeks with a plan to deliver at 38 weeks.  March 5th is 35 weeks, and March 26th is 38!  That puts us at having a total of 6 transfusions when all is said and done.  It may not go specifically on an every 3 week perfect schedule.  She may need one sooner than the 3 week mark, or Dr. Moise's schedule may conflict and need to complete it before going out of town or something.  He is pretty great and does a lot of work elsewhere. 

I am amazed at how normal I feel after the transfusion is done and I've spent a couple hours in the recovery room.  I take a nap in there, eat some food, make sure I can feel her move which means she's woken up from her meds too and we are discharged!  The procedure was at 7:30 am this morning. (I had to be there at 5:30) and I was home by 12:30 this afternoon.  I feel tired from the meds, and my tummy is a little sore from the needles, but otherwise I feel fine.  And apparently so does Micailyn because she's been jumping around all day!
I'm supposed to take it easy on bed rest today and the rest of the time I'm not allowed to pick up anything heavy ( Caden ),  or do anything strenuous.  They defined it as pretty much "home rest".  I can do everything at home for the most part, rest and just be smart.  Each time they give her a transfusion it's creating a hole in the membranes that does not heal back. 

It has been a challenge to not work out like I would like, and mostly to not pick up Caden.  For example getting him into the grocery cart!  And really weird to get physically tired when on my feet for only 30-45 minutes.  I think that's God helping me know when enough is enough because I don't think these procedures are actually causing me to be so tired.  And He knows how much I like to stay busy! 

Anyway here are some great pictures Karen took during the procedure today and sent to me. 




 
Just amazing.
 
Be blessed yall!


1 comment:

  1. so so so thankful all is well. cant wait to meet her. :) love YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete

Search