Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Sugar detox

Hey friends! I’ve decided to do a sugar detox.  This is not to diet and lose weight, because I’m completely happy with my weight (although I could use some muscle tone!), I simply wish to rid myself of the processed sugar cravings and feel more energized!  I have a crazy sweet tooth.  I love gummy bears, chocolate, cupcakes, donuts, etc.  We actually eat very healthy here at home.  We don’t keep junk food in the house, we don’t buy sodas.  But I do have candy stashes.  In the back of the pantry, in my purse, and my nightstand!  Snack, snack, snack.  All day long.  Especially after dinner.  It’s so bad I actually plan out what sweet I will snack on after dinner.  If I know we don’t have anything in the house I’ll make sure to swing by a store to pick something up. 

My goal is to defeat the cravings, refresh my system and clear up my brain! I constantly feel like I’m in a fog and cannot focus or remember things clearly.  This will be difficult.  It actually already is! I’m on day 2.  I’ll share with y’all my progress, what worked, what didn’t, my failures and successes! I’m not doing a specific plan, just not eating foods that contain added sugars.  Fruit is fine obviously, it’s natural!  I will allow myself some honey and maple syrup in small amounts to sweeten my coffee, and oatmeal!  But that’s it. 

So day 2, I’ve actually had a little sugar yesterday and today. OOPSIE! But give me a break! I just started.  Yesterday I had a glass of snapple tea with my lunch and didn’t even think about it having sugar. duh!  Next I had a big spoonful of peanut butter.  It was natural peanut butter, but it still had added sugar.  Today, I ordered a lemonade with my lunch at chick-fil-a out of habit! As soon as I took the first sip I realized what I did. But I already paid for it. LOL.  But that’s all I had today so I call that a win compared to what I normally consume in a day!

I’m feeling very run down and tired.  Amplified by the fact that Mikalyn has kept us up the past two nights… I’m beat! I feel like I’m coming down with something too. Dry, scratchy throat, very thirsty, blah.  A good friend that I think to be the master of abstaining from bad foods assures me that after the first few days you start to feel much better so I’m holding onto that hope! I honestly don’t think this is as bad as what a caffeine detox would be…. I seriously doubt I will ever attempt that! But who knows, if I can conquer this one, maybe I can do a caffeine one too!

Jessi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search