Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Tipsy Tuesday: Easiest way to dice an onion!

Hey Friends!!  Welcome back to the blog Smile Things have been so totally crazy since we’ve gotten home from Texas with Mikalyn blogging definitely took a backseat.  Things are still crazy, but I feel much more inspired to write and have a little less brain fog now that Mikalyn is a little bit older!  I am completely revamping the blog with a fresh name, fresh start.  Things are still a little under construction, but I can’t wait to reconnect with y’all through this blog again! 

Let’s kick this off with a Tipsy Tuesday! Each Tuesday I plan to share with y’all a great tip I’ve learned that has also proven to actually work! I want to share this awesome tip I’ve learned on how to dice an onion!  Seriously since I came across this tip from a random website many months ago I have used it almost daily and will never dice an onion any differently! I wish I could remember what website it was to give it credit but alas I cannot. 

To start, Slice your onion lengthwise through both ends like this:

photo 2

Then chop one end like so: I prefer to leave the hairy end because it holds the onion together better while slicing. You will see why when you try it.

photo 3

Next peel the outside layers back and you’re left with the first half you want to start dicing.

photo 4    photo 5

Take the half and slice into it towards the end but not completely so the end keeps the onion held together. Slice these as thick or as thin as you want.

photo 1   photo 2

Then turn it and slice across these cuts to get your perfectly diced little onions!

photo 3   photo 4

See how the natural layers of the onion allows each little dice to happen so easily?!

photo 5

Now go chop your onions and prepare dinner even faster than before and spend less time crying over onions Smile If you already knew this sweet tip then rock on with your kitchen skills! If you didn’t, please try it and let me know what you think! Happy Tuesday!

 

Jessi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search